Monday, February 18, 2008

Finally...and update!

Wondering where all the updates have been lately? Thinking that I must have fallen off the face of the earth? Wondering if four weeks of sleepless nights and countless poopy diapers have finally sent me over the edge of sanity? If so...you are right!!

Okay...confession time. Last night at 3 am I came back to bed after nursing Landon for the third time that night and promptly burst into tears. I also distinctly remember spouting off to Bo as I got up with the baby, "Guess I won't sleep tonight...I'll just stay up and feed Landon every hour." (My tone, by the way, was on the snippy side). Yes, it's true. Life with a newborn is H-A-R-D. At least this time around I know it will not last forever, even if it seems like it. (And it does). Wish I could say I woke up with a Cinderella-perfect attitude, smiling at the new day, but it just didn't happen. We did have a ton of fun at gymnastics this morning, though...Juliana makes me laugh every time she flips her little body down the trampoline.

In spite of all my whining, every minute I am still reminded of how blessed we really are to have two beautiful, healthy, wonderful kids, and it makes nights like last night seem not quite so awful (now if I can just remember that next time I'm up at 3:00!!!).

Bo's recovering from an event he had over the weekend. He managed two concerts after a rodeo Thursday and Friday night...Little Texas and Neal McCoy. Everything went really well and he was crazy busy - just how he likes to be!! We brought the whole family to the rodeo Saturday night and Juliana was glued to every event. She kept waving to the clown and trying to get his attention. Maybe aspiring to a future career? (Please, no!!) Landon slept through the noise, smells, and general chaos in his carseat. He was obviously not as impressed as big sister.

Love and miss everyone!! I'll try to update with some more pictures later this week...but don't hold your breath. :)

1 comment:

kreahlinggc said...

Hi Brooke!
I remember when Daniel was about 4 weeks old and doing exactly what you did...after nursing almost every hour and him crying every time I tried to lay him down...I just ended up holding him all night...and biting Gary's head off :)
It seems like ages ago...but I remember the tears and how tired I was and miss those days of nursing! Just hang in there! God has truly blessed us as moms and you are doing a great job!
HUGS from NC!!!