Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Ni-Hao, Kai Lan

Weird title, I know, but I am watching this very strange show with Juliana before she goes to bed. I can tell she's getting older...she used to wind down with books before bed and now it's "Can I please watch a show?" At least all the shows she loves are on safe channels so far, like Noggin and Sprout. (By the way, Ni-Hao means "Hi" in Chinese...aren't we so multicultural?) She still does love to read, though. Today I had to read her a book ("Pinkalicious"...yes, that really is the title!) three times in a row, and when I refused to submit for a fourth she picked up the book and started "reading" it to herself, making up the words by looking at the pictures. Ahh, a girl after my own heart. I remember getting in trouble at school for having my Nancy Drew book stuffed inside my math book, and reading it during class when we were supposed to be doing homework (if you're reading this, sorry mom!)

I have started trying to get back into the gym, since the last time I dragged myself to a scale (sneaking into a friend's bathroom while we were at lunch last Sunday) I was amazed at the pounds I still have left to lose after Landon. I really thought all of those midnight milkshakes and chocolate chip cookie bakes with Juliana were adding to my overall nutrition, calcium and all!! Guess the older you get the harder it is to keep the spare tire at bay...I remember in high school not giving a thought to calories, fat content, or sodium! (I'll miss you, Salt and Vinegar potato chips!) Please don't send me emails telling me not to worry or fret, or how spare tires ARE actually coming back in style...I guarantee I will not starve myself or do anything crazy like give up chocolate. I just feel better when I try to get some exercise, and as an added bonus, an hour to myself every other day. Montana isn't exactly famous for being a bathing suit state (unless you count three weeks out of July) but our trip home to NC in June looms in front of me, full of opportunities to showcase my extra 10 pounds. :)

That seems to be all my little brain can muster up for now. I'll leave you with my top five ways you know you have become a Super Mom...

5. When you ask your husband "What's that white crusty stuff all over your shirt?" you already know the answer is dried snot, but it doesn't gross you out in the least.
4. After putting the kids to bed, when given the choice between doing the dishes or goofing around on the web, you choose to update your blog...
3. While at the mall, you find yourself admiring not the latest style and fashion, but the awesome new stroller parked beside yours...must be the first kid because there is not a dent, scratch, or spit-up stain to be found on the whole travel system.
2. When your toddler says "Daba daba doot do" you know that translates into "I love you Mom!"
1. Instead of fixing yourself some breakfast, you eagerly await the leftovers from your kids plates! Half eaten blueberry pancakes and two bites from a carton of yogurt...HEAVEN!

***********************************

Love and miss ya'll!

No comments: