Thursday, November 29, 2007

Life in 3D

Sorry for the long delay in updating our blog! These last few months of pregnancy are going to find me staring blankly at the wall while Juliana naps (the only time I get to "check out"), thinking of all the laundry that should be done or the dishes that are NOT washing themselves in the sink like I asked. Ahhhh, but there is always something to be done or folded or washed or baked, and just not enough hours in the day. Juliana's favorite phrase lately is "Sit DOWN, mommy!" and I am taking her advice more and more. It seems like she gets a little smarter and grows just a little bit every day, and I am so thankful that I get to be home to see every minute of it. Enough bragging on our firstborn...on to baby #2!!

We had another ultrasound today to check out little Landon's progress. I was informed after one of my updates that I had accidentaly spilled the beans on his name, so I'll just go ahead and ruin it for those of you who actually like being surprised...his name is Landon Creed. Landon because we just like it, and Creed because it means "belief, guiding principal, I believe". Ultimatley our prayer for our son is that he will believe in Jesus with his whole heart and be a strong man of God, but until he can decide that for himself we'll just tell him that's his name so he has to do it. :) Everything looked really good on the ultrasound, and he is DEFINITLEY a boy (he wasn't shy at all today!) and it was so neat to see him again. He sucked his thumb through the entire ultrasound, and we even got some 3D images of him going to town on that little finger. You could see his jaw and lips working...he wasn't moving that hand for anything! Juliana was addicted to her pacy, but a thumb is a little harder to poke a hole in and throw away, so I guess we'll cross that bridge when we get there. Right now he measures in at about 4 pounds, so if they gain a half a pound a week and I have 8 weeks left, does that mean I'll be delivering an 8 pound baby? Voluntary C-section, anyone? (Sorry fellas...that was more than likely too much information).

It snowed here again this afternoon and I had not one but TWO phone calls telling me to stay off the roads (only one was from my husband). I have no desire to go out until temperatures get above 20, so I've been keeping occupied inside and have consumed almost an entire box of Dibbs ice cream today (oops, did I say that out loud?). I actually saw a woman jogging this morning in SHORTS and I tipped my nice warm winter hat to her as she ran by...she either is crazy or is dealing with some serious hot flash issues! (Both?)

To all of my wonderful Christmas Dinner Theater comrades, I will be thinking of you over the next two weeks!!! Hope everyone has fun and is blessed for giving their time and talents. Know that all the work you have put in is remembered and appreciated by many, many people.

Love and hugs from MT!!

No comments: