Friday, November 9, 2007

Yes, I am pregnant!

Just had to share a funny story that happened at school on Tuesday. I teach music to all grades, Kindergarten through high schoolers, and it never ceases to amaze me how differently their little brains develop. My high schoolers ask me all the time about the baby, and fuss over me if they think my heels are too high or if I'm not sitting down enough. I had a second grade class, on the other hand, who apparently just thought "Mrs. Wagner" had been hitting the Krispy Kreme a little hard. I made a comment about how fun it was to carry another person around all day, and looked up to see almost the entire class with shocked expressions. One student finally had the courage to raise his hand (precious) and ask, "Mrs. Wagner, are you pregnant?" My jaw dropped about as far as theirs had, and I managed to stutter out that yes, I was expecting. I heard several "Cool!"'s and "Congratulations!" as they exited, and just stood there amazed that it really hadn't occured to most of them that I wasn't just smuggling a basketball under my shirt every day...weird!

Not too much excitement around here after that. Bo and I are in a state of mourning over the news that 24 will not be returning in January as we had eagerly counted on. Some writer's strike or something equally goofy as that. Bo is especially disappointed because 24 is the only TV show I don't talk through...we're both silent and breathless until the commercial breaks.

This little fella I carry around all day sure likes to be on the move! I was pretty sure I was having twins the other day because he was ALL over the place...a foot under my ribs, an elbow in my side...Juliana is quickly running out of lap room and is NOT happy about it. I'll try to post some new fat belly...I mean baby belly pictures soon.

Love and miss everyone!!!

-Brooke, Bo, and Juliana

1 comment:

kreahlinggc said...

Love the story!! Kids are so very funny!!