Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Mom for VP

Hey everyone! First I have to give a Happy Birthday shout-out to Laura, Lori, and Lowell - my three favorite "L's" to celebrate a birthday today! I know their ages but I'm not telling.

Today was Juliana's first morning of preschool, and I was more worked up about it than she was! She hopped out of bed, got dressed, and marched her little pony-tailed self into the classroom like she owned the place. I told her I was leaving and she said "Oh, wait, Mom - gotta give you a hug!" I was expecting tears and drama but as it turned out, they were only from my end. My plan was to take a picture before we went in but we were running late, so I'll try to get one this afternoon to post.

I don't usually comment on the political happenings (I know just enough to be dangerous but not enough to speak intelligently about it!) but I just wanted to say how interesting the whole McCain/Palin camp is turning out to be. I am excited to see how a woman who is a past beauty pageant winner, moose hunter, basketball player, and mother of five will do as a potential VP. We'll see how it will all play out but I am encouraged to read about her values and Christian beliefs - who knows if she isn't an Esther-esque figure "for such a time as this". Okay...enough of my soapbox. Research and make your own opinions, but I for one am excited.

Well, better try to get something done while I have a rare moment to myself! What will I do with all of this new-found free time Tuesday and Thursday mornings?? (Laundry, dishes, dusting...nah, forget dusting...)

Pictures to follow!

love and miss everyone.

No comments: