Thursday, October 9, 2008

Are ya kidding me?

Low. Grow. Know. Show. SNOW!!!! Yes, that's right. The forecasters are calling for snow this weekend in Billings! (I'm so depressed as I'm typing this that I just ate an entire Snickers bar - no, I really did.) After enjoying temperatures in the 70's and 80's for the past few weeks, winter has decided to make it's arrival a little early in Montana. This is all very confusing for Juliana, who is trying hard to figure out the seasons and get them in the right order. I was explaining to her the other day how fall is the same as autumn, and next comes winter, and then spring and summer. Here in Montana it is apparently more like spring, fall, winter, summer, spring, winter, fall. Don't even try to figure it out. All the moms I talked to this morning at preschool made me laugh because they all have entire outfits for every season for every kid in their vans at this very moment.

I got to go to the annual consignment sale here today and spent waaaay too much money all in the name of BUT LOOK HOW MUCH I'M SAVING! It's an addiction, really. This is the biggest consignment sale in the state, and if you've ever seen the Running of the Brides at that bridal store in New York, you have a little taste of what this sale is like. Women were lined up 30 minutes before the doors opened, and when they finally let us in it was like letting my husband loose in a Mac store - madness! Women were running to things like high chairs, bouncy seats, and play kitchen sets, knocking each other over and cursing like sailors at anyone who got in their way. Okay, maybe that last part was a stretch, but I did see one lady running valiantly towards a Thomas the Train lego set. Anyway, it was fun, and I got some good stuff for the kids.

Well, better try to get to bed. Juliana has requested snow cream if we really do get the white stuff, so I'd better rest up for the big day tomorrow. Hope everyone is enjoying warmer weather!!

love,
Brooke

P.S. - John Curran, if you're reading this, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

No comments: