Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Adventures in Rodeo

Hey everyone! Sorry it's been so long since the last update. We have been crazy busy Wagner-style around here and by the time evening rolls around, I have just enough energy left to haul myself to bed and turn out the light. We've been having a late-night nocturnal visitor to our room for the past few weeks (her initials are Juliana Wagner) and between a little peanut asking for juice at 2 am and another little peanut requesting to be held at 3:30 am, we're not getting too much sleep around here! I always said I didn't want to move to the whole family-bed sleep arrangement (too many elbows and feet flying) - not to knock anyone who this DOES work for...I just can't sleep when I'm crowded!! I am starting to see the beauty of it, though. I have learned the art of barely having to open one eyeball to move over a little bit and let Juliana snuggle under the covers. Hopefully it's just a phase, but for now we're going with the motto "IF IT LEADS TO SLEEP, LET'S TRY IT!".

If any of you are YouTube fans, I have tried to post a video of Juliana at the Stick Horse Rodeo from a few weeks ago. I think if you just type in "Stick Horse Rodeo" and maybe "Juliana" it should come up. Somebody email me and let me know if I actually did it right and you can find it!

For those of you who are now wondering, "What the heck is a stick horse rodeo?", rest assured - it is not much more complicated than the title would suggest. It was during the event called the NILE (Northern International Livestock Exposition) which is pretty much a week-long celebration of all things western. Kids can sign up for the rodeo in events like barrel racing, calf roping, and even bull riding. Instead of scary and smelly live horses, the coordinators wisely provide stick horses for the kids to use. Add in a cowboy hat and a real paper number to go on their backs and you have an arena full of hyper preschoolers ready to take on those wild animals! It was pretty hilarious, and also much more hypo-allergenic than the real rodeo which followed. Check out the video and prepare to be amused.

That's all for now, folks! Hope everyone is doing great and enjoying some good weather - it was almost 70 today!!

love and miss everyone!

-Brooke

1 comment:

kreahlinggc said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the video!! How cute :) What a cowgirl!!!!!