Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Welcome back, Jack!

I only bite my nails during 24. Honest. Actually, that's not true. But I REALLY bite my nails during 24.

I have just a minute to write this since I am watching 24 on the other computer as I type. We don't have FOX for some unknown insane reason, so we are resigned to watching the episodes a few days later on fox.com. Which, I must say, is nice, because there are still no commercials. I can't imagine knowing that 24 was being shown on TV AT THIS VERY MINUTE but knowing I can't watch it until the season comes out on DVD, so being able to watch my breathless hero Jack Bauer save the world one more time just brings me more joy that I can even express.

A few bones to pick, though.
1. Why does the new president ("Madam", this time!) have a hairdo that looks like a sprayed on hair helmet? Can't they get a decent hairdresser for that poor woman after 7 seasons?
2. Why do people still argue with Jack Bauer when he is standing there covered in blood with half his ear chopped off and a huge gash above his eyebrow? Where do they get the nerve to confront him when he looks like he could eat them for a mid-afternoon snack?
3. Can Jack go at least one season without having his best friend/girlfriend/fiancee blown up or harassed or buried in some type of concrete? Doesn't the poor guy deserve a buddy?

That's all for now - until next time....BEEP...BEEP...BEEP...BEEP

No comments: